After care is such an essential element of successful body therapy such as Remedial Massage and Myotherapy.
At Advanced Myotherapy, our key focus lies in the value of Self Care as a vital aspect of muscle health and pain management solutions.
If you want to get the most out of your visit and treatment at our clinic or for Remedial Massage, Myotherapy and body work in general, there are some important things to remember that can make a big difference to how much you get out of the treatment.
1. Drinking plenty of water is so important because it helps flush out the toxins that are stimulated in treatment to be released. If not enough water is in the body, people can end up feeling “giddy” and not so great, so hydration is vital.
2. It’s a good idea to refrain from intense workouts for a couple of days after a session, however moderate movement and gentle exercise is a great idea to maintain.
3. It’s important to note that sometimes you can be sore for a couple of days after a treatment, which is normal however if pain persists please call us so that follow up care and treatment can be arranged.
You may also try a good Magnesium muscle spray or Lavender essential oil in a carrier oil for self massage in this case.
4. A hot bath or shower as well as the use of heat therapy (using a wheat bag) will help relax any residual pain and stiffness after a treatment. You may also self massage therapeutic massage oil into painful areas to assist in relaxing the muscles.
5. If your pain is posture related, it is important to be aware of posture following treatment. You may also like to ask your therapist for posture shoulder strapping, to help support the upper body, bringing the shoulders back to take pressure off the neck and shoulders.