Our Carlton Myotherapy clinic has seen many Sports professionals achieve significant triumph. Not only in their chosen sport, but in the face of medical prognosis. By overcoming sports injuries and recovering far beyond expected. This inspires us at Advanced Myotherapy!
Seeing professional athletes overcome pain and being able to continue doing what they love, is why we do what we do! From being told by doctors that he would never be able to play football again to winning best on ground game after game, one of our clients Paul Scanlon, suffering lumbar spinal nerve impingement was astounded by his results with Myotherapy.
Sports Myotherapy is a great example of how powerful muscular balance can be, how much potential it has to increase our physical potential and overall quality of life! Performance in every area of life can be enhanced by Myotherapy.
From stress reduction and the resulting mental health, Myotherapy promotes all round better health. In order to assist our wonderful client community and welcome new clients, we offer a fantastic Maintenance Care Package.
To significantly reduce the cost of treatment, our maintenance deal offers a 4th treatment free when buying 3 upfront.
To book, simply click book now from our home page and select a time available.
We treat a wide range of debilitating injuries daily. Our maintenance deal is a fantastic way of helping our clients overcome injuries and recover from pain.
So please do not hesitate to ask us how we can help you and your specific condition.
If you have any particular questions, simply head to our contact us page or give us a call before you book.
Understanding sciatica is key to helping heal faster and prevent the painful condition returning. With the right knowledge and self-care, Sciatica can be significantly reduced and reversed. Myotherapy and Remedial Massage have helped us see many clients recover from this debilitating condition. Sciatica can be experienced as sharp and shooting pain through the glut and down the leg, which alarms many of it’s sufferers.
Sciatica stems from an impingement of the sciatic nerve being compressed by the discs of the lumber spine.
These discs compress the nerve to create pain, due to restriction from tight fascia surrounding the discs! That is how simple this condition is, and unfortunately so many people not knowing this will turn to medication.
The problem with pain medication is… they do not treat the underlying cause of the pain as Myotherapy and remedial massage do. There are a number of leading factors that contribute to the onset of sciatica, which are assessed and addressed at our clinic Advanced Myotherapy Carlton.
Here are some symple steps to overcoming Sciatica naturally…
1. The first step in reversing Sciatica is to release tension from the surrounding area, being the gluts and lower back. Regular (daily) corrective stretching, focusing on the legs (particularly hamstrings) and gluts, is an incredibly effective tool in reducing sciatic nerve pain.
2. Secondly, simply using a ball to lay on underneath the affected glut and hip, can help with “trigger point therapy”. Holding position where the pain is for several minutes or until fully released, can bring instant release.
The key to getting results with such self treatment at home is in holding both the stretches and the pressure of the (tennis sized) ball under the body for long enough to allow for full release. The trick can be not to release the stretch or remove the ball before this relief comes, so as to avoid “activating” the pain further.
To avoid this, simply be gentle with yourself enough to be able to hold the position long enough for it to be effective in allowing the tight muscles causing the pain to fully “let go”.
3. Another incredibly effective self care method of treating sciatica is by applying heat (a wheat bag) to the area. Heat relaxes the tight muscles enough to let them soften to release the affected area, and take the pressure off the discs compressing the sciatic nerve.
4. Along with these few very effective practical steps you can take at home, we use Myotherapy and Remedial Massage to manipulate the the surrounding area to allow softening and restoration of a better range of motion for less pain and restriction.
This is the key to recovery when it comes to many neuro-musculo-skeletal conditions in the body that Myotherapy specialises in treating.
5. It is essential that you incorporate lifestyle changes such as reducing the length of time you spend sitting, such as driving or sitting at a desk for work. It can be as simple as breaking the day up with frequent stretching sessions or brief walks.
Along with regular treatments to lengthen the restricted fascia around the sciatic nerve, self care is the number one tool in preventing sciatica pain from returning.
6. Keeping active and fit and maintaining a healthy weight and general range of motion is the best way, holistically speaking of preventing and correcting Sciatica. Incorporating these 6 symple stretches & steps will ensure you not only recover from this debilitating condition fast, but prevent it from recurring later on.